Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
orion
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar.... Empty
PostSubject: Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....   Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:31 pm

....or flash hider

I have a JG Mp5A4 I'm attempting to add a mock silencer (Madbull Gemtch Blackside) to. For the life of me I can't get that little organge tip on the collar off. I've removed the hex screw from the bottom of the front sight and the pin that goes through the front side and that bugger is stuck on.

I'm going CCW and using vice grips trying to protect the metal as much as possible.

I read somewhere that some manufactures use glue to keep these organge tips on. Does anyone have experience with this particular situation or some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Linnear
Private Second Class
Linnear

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....   Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:36 pm

yeah they use some kind of glue, all mine have been really hard to get off. i've heard heat had to be used to get some off..
Back to top Go down
orion
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....   Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:44 pm

.......steam worked for me. The buggers painted the inside orange. A 15 minute steam bath did the trick.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....   Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:30 pm

sorry for bringing up and old topic but what exactly did you do to heat the barrel thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....   Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mp5A4 tip removal from the barrel front collar....
Page 1 of 1