Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
viathan
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Empty
PostSubject: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:46 am

Hey Everyone, I have a Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS, the one with the retractable stock (http://echo1usa.com/English/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29_31&products_id=113). I want to get a solid stock so I can put the battery in the back rather then the front grip. I have a couple of questions on how to do this. I know you need to get a solid stock with a wiring harness but what is this? I have searched and found I need this:

1 Solid MP5 Stock
2 plugs
1 fuse box and fuse
- you need to confirm which plugs you want as not all AEGs are the same…normally mini female and large male are used

I think the front plug on the gun is a large male and the battery that came with the gun is a large female. So how would you run the cables to the back of the gun? Would I have to open the gun up and run long cables from the back of the gun all the way to the front to plug it in (kinda like and extension cord) then have the male part in the back so I just plug the battery in and put it in the new stock? Any help would be great. If any of you have the solid stock version some pictures of the inside of the stock would help and how the wiring is set up would help also.
Back to top Go down
Linnear
Private Second Class
Linnear

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:06 pm

you would definitely need to open the gun up to rewire it to the rear. i dont know if you'll be able to reposition the fuse, there's not alot of room in there, if its like my mp5CQC.. if urs came with a stick batt like mine you can run the wire extention thru where the stick batt was and make whatever access holes you need at the rear.
Back to top Go down
viathan
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 4:49 pm

I got the stock off mine and I can see a black wire in the back going towrds the front, in the hand rails I can see the wire goes into a box then goes inside the body of the gun...I havent taken it apart yet, I am afraid I will break it. Wink
Back to top Go down
viathan
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:16 pm

I looked at the manual that came with the gun and it shows a breakdown of the insides. I found the wiring (highlighted in yellow) and if I am not mistaken I can just take that and move it to the back of the gun and I wont have to buy new wiring for the solid stock. I just have to put all of that into the solid stock (im sure there are slots in the stock for the wiring and the battery) and thats it! Wink Let me know if any one thinks this will work.

Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help File0014el5.th
Back to top Go down
Linnear
Private Second Class
Linnear

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:25 pm

if the wires will reach you'll be all good. the wires dont care where the battery is located. when you change to a large battery remember to keep the voltage the same (8.4V= 8.4V) if you raise the voltage you raise the guns rate of fire which will wear the gun out sooner and might cause internal probs. they sell large batteries with mini connectors so you dont have to change the connector.
Back to top Go down
viathan
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:08 am

Cool, I will try it out.
Back to top Go down
Linnear
Private Second Class
Linnear

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:54 pm

let me know how it go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help   Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vector Arms Full Metal MP5A5 RAS - Switch to Full Stock Help
Page 1 of 1