Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghillie Suits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Ghillie Suits Empty
PostSubject: Ghillie Suits   Ghillie Suits Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 8:03 am

Hey guys, I'm about to start work on my first ghillie suit, and I just wanted to be sure that you guys think my plan of action will be well suited for the summer months.

I plan on getting an OD Jacket, as I already have camoflage pants. I will take fishermen netting and attach it to these garments.

Im not sure if I should attach it on all the surface area of these garments, also, is it shoe goo that I use to actually attach it or do I have to sew it?

Then I will buy camo burlap from my local walmart. I will then spray this burlap with my Krylon Camo paints to give it a more authentic camoflage pattern. I will then tear shreds of burlap, varying the lengths between 6 and 12 inches, and tie them onto the fishermens netting.

How wide should these pieces be, 1-2 inches? Also, should I put one strip on each side of every square of the netting, or space it another way?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions you can give me, I hope it won't be too hot for summer use as well.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Ghillie Suits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghillie Suits   Ghillie Suits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 12:19 pm

use real plants from around your area. it gives a better, more natural looking camo. especially if your in a field with tall grass, you should use the grass from that field.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Ghillie Suits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghillie Suits   Ghillie Suits Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:25 pm

yea i plan on doing that, many people have mentioned that and I think I found an even better way of making the ghillie suit. I was told by a guy on ASR, "tobemarine" that the best way to make a ghillie is to shoe goo elastic triangles onto the jacket, with shoe goo holding each end of the elastic strip onto the jacket. This way, I can lift up the strap and insert foliage and not have to glue it on and pull it off later or when the season changes. This will be done with my gun as well, to keep people from spotting it. Hope it works out, and thanks for the tip Nate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghillie Suits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghillie Suits   Ghillie Suits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghillie Suits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Echo 1 Owners Group :: General Airsoft Discussion :: Sniper Discussion-
Jump to: