Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Body Upgrade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:31 pm

I'm looking at a G&P Noveske body upgrade for my echo 1 M4 Commando... I read in another thread that gilla said that we needed another barrel nut. Could somebody link me to a barrel nut that I would need, considering i dont even know what the barrel nut is? haha thanksa lot
Back to top Go down
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:49 am

actually another question for gilla, where'd you get your G&P body off of? All the websites ive seen them on said they will remove the trademarks before shipping... where'd you get yours?
Back to top Go down
AndrewBall
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:30 am

i believe if they are trademarks taht depcit a real company. But the G&P bodies with thier fake trademarks such as the "zombie Killer" trademarks i doubt they have to be removed. I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 2:31 pm

AndrewBall wrote:
i believe if they are trademarks taht depcit a real company. But the G&P bodies with thier fake trademarks such as the "zombie Killer" trademarks i doubt they have to be removed. I may be wrong.

i know that they are real, noveske modifies real M4s for the army, which is why a lot of importers take off the name so there are no copyright infringements... but gilla got a body WITH the trademarks so I want to know how and where he got it
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 3:16 pm

just send him a pm if you want to know where he got his, don't make a post about it.
Back to top Go down
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:37 pm

M4 Master wrote:
just send him a pm if you want to know where he got his, don't make a post about it.

i had another question about where i could buy a barrel nut and where it was on the gun
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 8:49 pm

you also said that "gilla said" you needed that nut, therefore you could ask him. I suggest going that route.
Back to top Go down
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 pm

M4 Master wrote:
you also said that "gilla said" you needed that nut, therefore you could ask him. I suggest going that route.

true, true... I Pmed him but no response, he might not come here anymore
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 pm

thank you for trying that though, i wasn't meaning to be condescending, just wanted to help you get your answer. Maybe look for him on ASR, he may check that more frequently.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 pm

What's ASR? Is it airsoftretreat?
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com/forum   http://airsoftgates.clicko
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 7:49 pm

M4 Master wrote:
thank you for trying that though, i wasn't meaning to be condescending, just wanted to help you get your answer. Maybe look for him on ASR, he may check that more frequently.

lol, no problem

i checked for his activity on ASR and the last time he signed in there was in may, he was here like the first week of july so i naturally Pmed him here
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 pm

Airsoftguy wrote:

yes ASR is airsoftretreat

As far as the pm goes, I'll see if I can find him around, sorry we can't be more helpful to you, and good luck with your search!
Back to top Go down
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:06 pm

M4 Master wrote:
Airsoftguy wrote:

yes ASR is airsoftretreat

As far as the pm goes, I'll see if I can find him around, sorry we can't be more helpful to you, and good luck with your search!

haha, thanks bro

i've seem to have found it on ebay, so that'll probably be where i get it from. as for the barrel nut, we'll just have to see
Back to top Go down
gilla409
Private Second Class

Registration date : 2007-02-25

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:22 pm

Sorry for the delay....since I sold my Echo 1 I rarely check these forums anymore.

As for your questions,

1. You can order G&P metal bodies with trades from overseas vendors, and ask them to cover the trades rather than remove them. They do this by applying tape, glue, or putty over the trademarks...the latter two being the best method. Shipping will be expensive, although it's totally worth it if you want a realistic replica.

2. The barrel nut is the piece on your gun that holds the barrel in place. It's hidden within the delta ring, a ridged taperd metal ring with a spring inside just behind the front handguards. The ones on the Echo 1 simply won't work, because the barrel is a 2 piece design, which uses a grub screw to hold it in place on the reciever. The delta ring on the Echo 1 M4's hold the barrel nut in place, and the barrel nut holds the outer barrel.

Aftermarket metal bodies are built for the newer 1 piece outer barrels, and use the actual delta ring assembly to hold it in place, instead of the "barrel nut" used on the Echo 1 and other guns using the old 2 piece outer barrel design.

I hope this helps, and I apologize in advance for anything I'm incorrect about....It's been almost 8 months since that build, and 4-5 since I sold it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Body Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Body Upgrade   Metal Body Upgrade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Body Upgrade
Page 1 of 1