Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bar 10 Coming Stateside!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Empty
PostSubject: Bar 10 Coming Stateside!   Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:45 am

Alright so there is a good chance most people already know about this, but just in case anyone missed it, the Bar 10 is available for pre-order from airsoftgi. Expected to be in by the 1st of August.

I'm not sure if they'll be stocking the scoped version or not, but I sent them an email and am currently waiting on a response.

Here is the link to the gun.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2493

And one other question, could anyone say to me with confidence that this rifle, with teflon mod and airbrake shortened, and no tightbore, could shoot a torso sized target EVERY time from 200ft?
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Bar 10 Coming Stateside!   Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 2:11 pm

^useless much? lol

Anyways, I'm still waiting on someone to confirm my statement from the first post, I'm really interested in knowing if this rifle will truly have a range advantage over AEG's before it has a tightbore. Can someone please tell me yes or no?
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Bar 10 Coming Stateside!   Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Here is a thread containing everything you would ever want to know about the BAR-10;

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=35488.0

I don't have first hand experience with it, but from everything I've read, it seems like the best bang for your buck sniper rifle out right now.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Bar 10 Coming Stateside!   Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 8:32 pm

yea I've been through that thread multiple times, however I do appreciate you linking it as it's a great source of information.

Basically I'm looking for someone who can really say it from experience, I know crimson said it, but I have heard people say his claims of accuracy are too good to be true. I trust him a lot actually, but I always like extra opinions.

Also, do you guys think it's a good idea to do the preorder, or should I wait a few weeks and see how it goes?
Back to top Go down
crimsonfalcon07
Admin
Admin
crimsonfalcon07

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Bar 10 Coming Stateside!   Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 pm

You know why they think my accuracy is too good to be true? Because very few people bother to test under the same conditions that I do. Find me someone that has been working on long-range shooting technique as long as I have, sets up the shots under the same circumstances, and, most importantly, maintains their guns like I do, and then you'll see better accuracy. My accuracy results are not the results you'll get on average, for a number of reasons.

I've discussed this before, but the short story is that I set up my shots to get the absolute best possible performance, since I also do a lot of airsoft target shooting.

Want to duplicate my results? First, the setup. You need an indoor area with NO wind where you can take long range shots, measured from the sandbag to the target.

You next need to work on the rifle. It needs to be completely cleaned out with a non-abrasive cleaning solution, and you need to pay special attention to the trigger, so that the break is as clean and consistent as possible. Almost nobody does this, and it makes about a 1/4" difference in groupings at 100 feet, generally. You also need to wash the hopup bucking, and clean the barrel thoroughly. I clean every inch of my rifle, lubing the cylinder inside and out, and make sure my rubber parts are still in good shape. I clean the barrel out thoroughly, make sure they're still polished well, then leave a micro-thin layer of lube in the barrel. It has to be as consistent a layer as possible. Not cleaning the barrel and hopup can make up to a 3" difference in groupings at range. Once your rifle is completely cleaned out, it's time to zero the scope.

Third, you need to spend a good long time zeroing your hopup for the range and type of bb's. Use only clean, new, high quality bb's. I only use AE because those have the best consistency.

Getting the consistency of the sandbag right is less important in airsoft than in RS, but you don't want it too hard or soft, since you're trying to reduce vibration.

Once you've got your rifle set up, you can fire your shots. This is the other place where groupings start becoming really different. There are a number of different things that make the difference here. You can't just pick up a rifle out of the box and expect to shoot it well. You have to familiarize yourself with the rifle. I spend many hours making sure that I know the exact feel of the rifle, so I can get the same stock weld every time. I practice cocking the rifle with a coin on the top of the scope, so I can do it smoothly. I work on breath control, and I use my adductor muscles to control the vibration when the piston is moving forward. Finally, I have to stroke the trigger just right. Even the slightest jerk can throw the grouping off significantly. When I'm shooting my accuracy groupings, it's after I've already fired at least 500 rounds through the rifle zeroing and testing, and I'm quite familiar with the rifle.

Duplicate all of that, and you'll be a lot more likely to get results like mine. But nobody does, so they end up with wider groupings, and then accuse me of lying. It's no skin off my back, they're just missing out on a great gun. But if they took the time to duplicate the process, then they would see different results (and get better in skirmishes also). That clear things up for you?

Also, as far as the BAR-10 goes, you can also read the review: http://groups.google.com/group/asgar/web/sniper-rifle-mini-reviews--new-releases
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar 10 Coming Stateside!   Bar 10 Coming Stateside! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bar 10 Coming Stateside!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Echo 1 Owners Group :: General Airsoft Discussion :: Sniper Discussion-
Jump to: