Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG

Go down 
+4
Nate
arexxk
spence52490
crimsonfalcon07
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crimsonfalcon07
Admin
Admin
crimsonfalcon07

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Empty
PostSubject: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:42 am

Echo 1 has asked airsoftnews to publish the following:

Some companies who are carrying JG's products said that ECHO 1 USA is exactly the same as JG.
This is totally incorrect. ECHO1's products have been carefully selected before we ship to US and even the internal parts are different! Plus, we provided local service and warranty in USA.

These companies are using our brand name to promote their own products and it is violate the laws.We already asked our lawyers to send letter to companies, including Airsplat.com (Mr. Ken Wu).

The following is our statement:
We represent Echo 1 Sports, Inc. a well known company in airsoft industry.
Echo 1 Sports, Inc. has been using the mark “Echo 1 USA” for airsoft since October 2006. Echo 1 Sports, Inc. has worked very hard and expended substantial resources developing and maintaining the “Echo 1 USA” mark for air soft, such that is well known and has come to represent Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s quality, service, and reliability.
It has recently come to our client’s attention that you are using the name “Echo 1 USA” in connection with the sales of airsoft in commerce in the United States. More troubling is that you are improperly confusing our customers and potential customers, telling them that the products you are selling are “Echo 1 USA” products and wrongfully causing them to purchase products from you under a misrepresentation that they are purchasing Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s products, when they are not. Such conduct is unfair competition that is illegal and violates of the Lanham Act.
Moreover, there can be no doubt that your use of “Echo 1 USA” in the sale of air soft has actually confused our customers and more generally creates a strong likelihood of confusing or mistake among the public as to the source of the products. Further, it is our understanding that your use of “Echo 1 USA” occurred no earlier than January 2007 when Echo 1 Sports, Inc. was incorporated in October 2006. Your actions are direct violation of Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s well-established federal and common law rights in its mark “Echo 1 USA” and constitute trademark infringement under section 32 of the Lamham Act, unfair competition and a violation of section 43 (a) of the Lamham Act, as well as various laws of the State of California. Such conduct will not be tolerated.

Echo 1 Sports, Inc. here demands that each of you immediately cease and desist from (1) any further use of the name ”Echo 1 USA” in connection with the sale of any air soft products, and (2) telling others that your products are not Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s products.
In light of Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s superior federally protected rights and the confusing that you have caused and will likely result form the sue of such identical marks on identical products in the same channels of trade to the same customers, we expect that you will immediately discontinue your use of “Echo 1 USA” in all sales, marketing and promotional activities.
Please confirm in writing to the undersigned as soon as possible, but not later than March 24, 2007, that you will agree to the foregoing. If we do not hear from you, we must assume that you intend to continue your course of conduct in derogation of our client’s rights, and we will be forced to pursue the full extent of the remedies available under the applicable state and federal law, which includes injunctive relief, monetary damages (which can be doubled or treble din the event of intentional infringement), profit disgorgement, attorneys’ fees and courts costs.
We hope that this mater can and will be settled amicably and quickly, but we necessarily reserve all of our clients’ rights in law and equity in the event that no such resolution is reached. We look forward to hearing from you promptly.

It's interesting to note that if we compare the internals from a v.2 Echo 1 and a v.2 JG, there aren't really any differences. When we start finding TB's in Echo 1 and not in JG, or other notable differences, then we can start wondering. But this statement is confusing, especially in light of the fact that Echo 1 has previously stated that they ARE rebranding JG guns. Even if they're handpicking guns, they're still JG guns, so I don't find it misleading in the slightest to note that JG is basically the same gun as Echo 1 (albeit without the virtually useless limited warranty). I'll be contacting them to find out what is going on here...
Back to top Go down
spence52490
Corporal
Corporal
spence52490

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:53 pm

Lol echo 1 nice try.
Back to top Go down
arexxk
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 1:57 am

confused hmm im a little worried. I bought a Echo1 M4 from Airsplat because they were selling it for cheaper, except they were calling it a GB/JG Echo1 gun. Are the internals different? Im just a bit skeptical
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 4:56 pm

nah
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 4:30 pm

spence52490 wrote:
Lol echo 1 nice try.

Echo 1 is not the same as JG. Echo1s have a m110 spring, and JGs have an m10 spring. Because of the differant springs, Echo1s will shoot 340 fps to 355 fps and JGs will shoot 370-385 fps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreports.com/forum   http://airsoftgates.clicko
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 4:33 pm

you sir, are wrong. an m110 spring will shoot like 350-370 fps. a m10 spring would shoot about.... 35 fps. JG and Echo 1 are the same except echo 1 is making some new guns of their own.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:03 am

I agree with you on that one Nate, they are the same company, especially considering that the internals are the same and always have been, with the possible exception of the spring. However, that would still not constitute Echo 1 being it's own manufacturer, just because they add a different spring.
Back to top Go down
crimsonfalcon07
Admin
Admin
crimsonfalcon07

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 7:33 pm

They never claimed to be a manufacturer. And Echo 1 is now downgrading springs. The new Echo 1 guns now come with M110's, while JG comes with M120's. They now do actually have upgraded internals now also. Thought I'd toss that update in. They actually learned that if they lied about things, that we'd catch them on it.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 pm

what upgraded internals do they have that JG's don't? Also, why do they upgrade the internals if they're going to lower the spring power?
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Because the m110 spring makes the guns last longer, and the m110 spring
and other upgraded parts make it last much longer.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:49 pm

I know it will last longer, but if it will last without upgraded internals and the MORE powerful spring for over 10,000 shots then it's just a waste of money to upgrade a lower powered gun.

This is Echo 1's attempt at winning it's customers back by offering more than they need to. It makes people feel like they're a more solid company and it's just their industrial advertising which is supposed to create a favorable impression of their company. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:22 pm

I know a guy who knows the guy who started Echo 1, and they really do
want to offer good guns at a low price. It is not just an act.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:54 pm

"I know a guy who knows the guy"-Airsoftguy

If that TOTAL heresay is supposed to be convincing me that they're now a totally different company it's not working, nor will it convince anyone, because I could easily say I know a guy who knows a guy that knows that guy too, and they're actually still lying. See how that doesn't really make a point?

They're only doing this to win back the customers they lost before, I'm not saying that they're not really doing what they said and that it's just an act, what I'm saying is that they lost too many customers because of their lies and now they're trying to compensate for that loss. I'd prefer to buy from the source directly, get a JG.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 pm

I knew that it wouldn't change your mind, because it wouldn't change your mind if I was the guy who started Echo 1. And it was "I know a guy who knows the guy", not "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows
the guy". Any way, you do not want Echo 1 to be a good company. You just don't like them. I did not come here to talk about how Echo1 is a good company, or a bad company. I already know that they are a good company. I came here to talk about Echo 1 AEGs. And you could not say
you know a guy who knows a guy... because you don't.

What "lost costomers"? People like you? You beleave the lies that companys
like airsplat are telling to try to sell JGs. A lot of people beleave as I do. Echo 1 is doing very well, and I don't think they need people like you to buy there guns. They have people like me.
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Meh, why pay extra for a different box? I bought one Echo 1 gun, and I've gotta say, after doing research I'll just buy from the original company. There's no incentive to buy from Echo at all.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 pm

They have better internals and they last longer. There is also a waranty.
And yes you could need it because a freind of mine got a lemon.
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 pm

That's about the thousandth time I've heard the "they've got better internals" argument. They don't. They're the same. Echo 1's warranty is so far useless. Just buy a JG from a store that offers a warranty. BAM, you have the exact same thing for much less.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:21 pm

How do you know that they are the same? Maybe you have heard the "they have better internals" argument so many times BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Heh, so young, so naive.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:31 pm

I am not naive. I am a moderator on another forum, because I not am not naive. I simply have my opinion, and you may have yours. I am simply going to try to change you mind.
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:33 pm

It's not an opinion, it's a fact that buying an Echo 1 is pretty much a rip off. Care to prove otherwise? Tell me why buying the same JG gun from a site that offers a warranty is worse than buying an Echo from a site that offers no warranty. Tell me why I want to spend money for the same product in a different box. I've never heard they "upgrade" their guns from any type of reputable source. It all comes from the kids who are new to airsoft, or the kids who can barely spell.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:44 pm

How about your Admin? He said a bunch of parts are differant. The Echo 1 will last longer. How can you say that they are the same? Echo 1: 340-355 fps. JG: 370-385 fps. Those are facts. I do not know why the Echo 1 owners group aka the "I think I have the same thing as an Echo 1" group has it out for Echo 1.
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Someone probably compared a v1 Echo with a v2 JG. Even at the top of this page Crimson says that the same versions are basically the same.
Back to top Go down
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal
Airsoftguy

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:53 pm

And JG doesn't even make an M14.
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Ok, now you're just evading proving me wrong. It's been established that the Echo m14 is from Kart, or some other brand. I will change my statement to Echo guns are the exact same as whatever company they are rebranding from. You, along with a number of other people, have failed to prove to me that these guns are different. When I see pictures and videos of each gun in question, clearly showing me different parts, I will start to think Echo one does something. For now, though, they are the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG   Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo 1 claims not to be the same as JG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next