Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?

Go down 
+2
mrobben
skeeter944
6 posters
AuthorMessage
skeeter944
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-03-06

wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Empty
PostSubject: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 3:44 pm

i have had my echo1 usa m4a1 for 1 week and the stock was very sturdy until today when it started to get wobbley during some target shooting. how do i fix this? it is very sturdy except fot the stock. the part that is wobbly is the buffer tube,right where it meets the reciever end above the pistol grip. i love my gun though, it's shooting 385 fps! it is great! thanks!
Back to top Go down
mrobben
Private First Class
Private First Class

Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 3:59 pm

try this - 1. you will need a somewhat long phillips head screwdriver. and a torx t10 bit)

2. - remove the sliding stock (all the way off - pull down on the lever and slide it off the back)
3. use the torx (star) bit to remove the cover on the end of the tube
4. - place your screwdriver in the tube and proceed to tighten the internal screw - note this screw goes into your gearbox. so make sure you dont over tighten or strip anything....

5. reverse step 3 or in my case - leave it out.

6 - replace stock
7 - enjoy.

luckilly you caught yours when it was loose, mine came off during a Major OP, and I had to Electrical tape it on for the remainder of the day.
- matt
Back to top Go down
skeeter944
Private First Class
Private First Class

Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 pm

ok,thank you! that worked! it is very solid now!
Back to top Go down
mrobben
Private First Class
Private First Class

Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 pm

I aim to please, and for the head.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 am

thats funny my stock wasnt wobbly and still isnt.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:55 pm

my stock wasn't wobbly until I painted my gun because it was hung upside down by the rear sling mount for a few hours. What kind of screwdriver is needed to remove that screw and where can I get one?
Back to top Go down
AndrewBall
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:24 am

my stock is loose as well and i tried to follow that guide but my gun doesn't come apart like that. the stock wont slide of the tube as described. I dont know much about airsoft guns so im timid to take apart the gun completely, as in removing the gear box and such.

Can some one elaborate on that guide or something?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:47 am

In order to slide the stock off of the tube you have to pull down on the back end of the lever. It's kinda hard to explain, but you push in one side of the lever to move it back and forth on the tube (normal adjustment), and you pull down the other side and pull it completely off. If that doesn't help I will try and explain better.

Actually, now that I think about it, www.mechbox.com has a guide on M4 disassembly and includes how to take the stock off. Just search m733.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 1:53 pm

I pulled that part off but how do I unscrew the one tiny little screwhole that keeps the cap on the end of the stock thing. I dont' see any screwdriver included that fits into it.
Back to top Go down
AndrewBall
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:48 pm

thanks that was really easy. yeah instead of pushing the lever to collapse teh stock you pull it open and it opens much farther and slides right off.
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:35 pm

M4 Master wrote:
I pulled that part off but how do I unscrew the one tiny little screwhole that keeps the cap on the end of the stock thing. I dont' see any screwdriver included that fits into it.
Try every allen wrench you have and find which one fits Smile
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:58 pm

oh so a torx wrench and an allen wrench are the same? Cause i've probably got allen wrenches that size, I've got a whole box of them, but I thought I needed some special "torx" driver. Is that not true?
Back to top Go down
AndrewBall
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:25 am

torx and allen are different but they both are so similar that it will work. Torx is more of a star drive and allen is the typical hexagonal head
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 am

torx wrenches arent the same. they have kinda a star pattern, and allen wrenches have like 6 sides or something. like he said

Last edited by on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 am

M4 Master wrote:
oh so a torx wrench and an allen wrench are the same? Cause i've probably got allen wrenches that size, I've got a whole box of them, but I thought I needed some special "torx" driver. Is that not true?
Nope, no special torx driver. I use a plain old allen wrench.
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:24 am

Turns out I was looking at that TINY little hole at the end of the tube, the hole on the thing that actually comes off the back. Instead of the allen key underneath it. I wouldn't have had to ask if I had seen that lol. I got it off btw, tightened it up, and its SOLID. I love this gun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?   wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wobbly stock on my echo1 m4 , how do i fix it?
Page 1 of 1