Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PEQ vs. Crane Stock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RVAirsoft
Private Second Class
RVAirsoft

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PEQ vs. Crane Stock Empty
PostSubject: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:27 pm

I've had my Echo 1 M4 for about 5 months now. I'm really interested in investing in an RIS as well as a rail to connnect the RIS to the top rail for more stability because i can't stand the little wobble in the standard handguard. I am looking for some input from you guys. What do you have? What would you suggest? Thanks, RVA
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:00 pm

well if you get the standard weaver rails they will fit directly onto the handguard. THat way, you don't have to pay a boatload of money for a CA whole new front end. Just get the M4/M16 handguard rails, they can be found on almost any website.

Once you put these rails on, you say you want to connect them to the top rail? Does that mean you want it something like an M4 System? I'm not sure if you can do that without straight up buying the whole S System rail itself which would probably be VERY costly.

What I would suggest is to mount some type of optic with each clasp on one end of each rail (ris and top) that way the two will be attached. Also, you could get a rail riser which mounts to a weaver rail and provides you with a higher rail profile, that would connect to both the RIS and the top rails and as an added bonus you could then mount a red dot on it and it would clear the front sight. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
RVAirsoft
Private Second Class
RVAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:34 pm

so do those just screw directly into the plastic?
Back to top Go down
RVAirsoft
Private Second Class
RVAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:41 pm

Back to top Go down
AndrewBall
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:10 am

what about the ISC or Echo 1 RIS unit from airsoft GI although with the RIS you need a Crane stock or Battery. as your title states. I prefer the Crane Stock Redwolf sels a Stock and Battery package, only a matter of rewiring it.
Back to top Go down
RVAirsoft
Private Second Class
RVAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:45 am

yeah im thinking about the echo 1 unit but im worried that the wobble will be the same because its the same drop in design. Do the two pieces screw into eachother unlike the stock pieces? Hopefully the RAS Fix will solve that problem. Anyone know of guides on the rewiring to the crane?
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 2:03 pm

well the wires are attached to the gearbox, or will at least be exposed if you opened it all the way down to the gearbox. You would then remove the fuse which holds the wires to the barrel and simply run the fuse and wires into the rear of the gun via the stock tube.

As for the RIS unit, what you have selected is fine. That is what I was trying to explain exactly but I guess I did a poor job of painting a picture for you. Anyways, if you get that, you will be far steadier than with the Echo 1 drop in kit, and then you can decide whether or not to rewire to the crane stock.

A good choice all around.
Back to top Go down
-Mr.Phear-
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 7:06 am

Or you can go with a CASV kit, which is what I'm doing. you can get a kingarms one for 130 bucks (no external barrel) or you can get a cheap knockoff from checksixairsoft.com. there, with shipping, it's 66 dollars from hong kong.
Back to top Go down
AndrewBall
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:29 am

I think if i go RAS/RIS im gonna get teh G&P CQBr Kit. and possbily a crane stock battery or sling pouch battery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PEQ vs. Crane Stock   PEQ vs. Crane Stock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PEQ vs. Crane Stock
Page 1 of 1