Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Echo 1 M4A1 Review

Go down 
+4
skeeter944
Wonder
Tullamore
General Connel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
General Connel
Admin
Admin
General Connel

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-23

My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Empty
PostSubject: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:12 pm

The Info I give isn't in the right order with the pictures corresponding.

I finally got the nerve to take some pictures. DON'T flame for information, or lack there of.
This is just to be a picture review with some info. If it turns out larger than expected,I'll change it into a review.

CONTENTS

1.)Real Steel Info(Courtesy of Colt Arms Inc.)

2.)Ordering

3.)First Impressions

4.)Barrel/Grip

5.)Body

6.)Stock

7.)Performance/Battery

8.)Conclusion.

REAL STEEL INFO

Colt M4 Carbine is a versatile weapon system with proven combat utility and performance providing the operator with the confidence required to accomplish any mission. Featuring a 14.5 in. (37 cm) barrel it is designed for use wherever lightness, speed of action, mobility and fire power are required. It can be comfortably carried, yet be instantly available to provide the power, accuracy and range of a 5.56mm Rifle. Proven in military operations, it stands alone as a first-line weapon system. Colt M4 Carbine is today's weapon of choice; the weapon of the 21st century soldier.

The M4 Carbine is an extremely accurate and effective weapon under all practical field applications. It is a favorite with both first line infantry operations as well as special forces, unit commanders and vehicle crews. Available with a Safe/Semi/Full Auto 3-position selector (model R0977) the M4 Carbine is today’s weapon of choice.

The M4 Carbine features a redesigned 4-position sliding buttstock allowing it to adapt to soldiers of different sizes and physical characteristics as well as various firing positions or clothing variations. Almost all mechanical components are interchangeable with those of the M16 rifle, ensuring quality, commonality of parts and reduced maintenance costs.

The M4 Carbine barrel is designed to accept the M203 Grenade Launcher which can easily be assembled to the carbine offering the user both point and area firing capabilities. Also, all US and NATO rifle grenades can be fired without any supplementary equipment.

Colt Defense LLC is the sole source supplier of the M4 Carbine to the US military and the only manufacturer worldwide that meets or exceeds all US military specifications for the weapon.

ORDERING

It was December '06, and I needed a new gun pretty bad. All I had was a old cm028s and some cheap guns. So I started asking for help on the forums, and searhing at guns like all day long. Well after staying up until late in the morning, I finally got my decission down to two rifles. The Tokyo Marui Steyr AUG Civ. and Toyko Marui Colt M733 Commando. After some more thinking and deciding, I changed my mind, and decided to get another MPEG(Because if I got a TM I wouldn't have all the money and would have to sell some stuff. I didn't want to be in dept to my dad, so went the cheaper route) So I looked at the Echo AEG's(best out at the time) I quickly decided I wanted the G36C, so I go to order and OUT OF STOCK. I quickly clicked buy it now on the M4A1, and eagerly told my family what was in store.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

A week later after ordering(It was Christmas week) The UPS man showed up with a very heavy brown box:P. I quickly took it from him and set it on the couch as yelling, "Come on guys, this is my Christmas present". After everyone was there I started eagerly tearing and ripping at that box until I say the Blue and Black Echo 1 Box that read "M4A1 Carbine"(got to love specifics) After I was done staring at the box, I opened it and was greated with my sexy M4A1,
Battery, Charger, Loading rod(for a high cap?) cleaning rod, 200 .2gr BBs, and manual(that says " W4A1"?)
Overall the gun had a nice TM look and feal to it.

BARREL GRIP

First up on the super awsome gun is the barrel and the grip.
It has the standard M16 series front sight and sling mount. It is comeplete metal and is very durable, it is adjustable for height and also features the standard bayunett atachement.
The grips feal just like the real steel(Yes I held a M15A3 Bushmaster the day before) They were made of plastic of really close quality if not the same, but were a little wobbly.(More on this later) Flash Hider is metal and G3 styled. It has a alen wrench slot to tighten or losen, which will reveal a 14mm anti-clockwise thread. The delta ring is metal and spring loaded so your grips wont go flying.

BODY

The body is a flatte gray, Quality ABS constructed, M4 receiver. It features a standard 20mm rail and a working forward assist?/Charging handle, which inturn reveals hop up. The hop up is just like standard G&P hop up, and adjusts the same way, my only complaint is that the hop up system is plastic. The body also is what holds the selector switch, magazine release, magazine, and the trigger.
The magazine fits nicely in the mag well with literly no wobble, the mag is released by pushing a button on the right side, so this can be a problem for lefties.
The grip feals very nice in the hand, but is wobbly there for pinching your hand sometimes.
The selector switch is a metal standard M16 selector, It moves nicely but doesn't click so well in semi.
The grigger is metal and has a very nice trigger pull, it also has the standard trigger guard which is movable by pushing a small pen, which makes it come down for the use of gloves.
The carry handle is plastic, but has two rear sights; Pinpoint sniper sights, and Standard Open.
They are both adjustable for elevation and windage by little nobs.

STOCK
The stock is a 6 positon LE stock. The tubing is metal with a plastic stock butt. It is wobble which is really annoying, but it is fixable which is seen later. It also has a sling mount, which is removable. It moves a little stubernly, but clicks into position very well, over all I like it prety well, but usally I play with it at position two for movability and accuracy.

PERFORMANCE/BATTERY

The part you have all been waiting for.

It comes with a 8.4v 1100mAh mini battery.
It fits into the hand guard by first pulling the delta ring back, then by pulling the hand guards off in a vertical direction. Then you connect the plugs and put the bottom hand guard back on. Before putting the last hand guard on make sure the twisty ties are turned where they don't interfere with the battery, then set the battery on the barrel, and put the last hand guard on.

No matter what people say, the stock battery isn't that bad at all.
It lasts how many rounds it is supposed to last, and it gives a RoF of about 15rps.
It doesn't fit too bady, and it looks alot better than one color batterys.

The gun shoots very hard. I used the can chrono, and it goes through both sides of a can and hits a fence 20ft away with force and quickly. So I move to the bottom and it peirces, but donesn't go through, mind you the hop up is on. So I put the FPS rating at around 350FPS +. Not at all bad.

Range Accuracy.:

I went to my grandpa's, and it was real windy, but with the wind I was able to get the BBs going 120feet without moving, not bad. I also set up a large coffee can and can hit it every shot at 50feet with ease. I put up a 1"by1" target up, and hit it easy at 20ft, at close range, it broke it in half. I took hot wheels cases, and shot it up like crazy, I also sawed a can in half.

Without wind effective rage:130ft
Max range 150ft
FPS 350+

Problems
The stocks wobbly! So is the grips!! What do I do OMGOSH!$#)@(

Don't worry, it's simply fixed, and adds to the rifle afterwards.

FRONT GRIP:
Just tighten the delta ring to the right until it won't move, makes the grip snug and good.

Pistol Grip:
Ok, first, unscrew the two screws on the motor cover. Take the motor cover off, and watch for parts that jump out. Pull the two wires off the motor, and take the motor out. Now there should be two screws at the bottom of the grip, tighten them both up, now put it all back together.
WHoo, you done, solid as a rock.

STOCK:
Okay, first take the stock off by pushing the release lever the OPPOSITE WAY.
Now, Unscrew the allend screw at the end, and get the cover off.
Now there is a screw at the end inside the tubing, tighten to get it snug, and loosed to take off.

Now your done and it's a solid rock!

CONCLUSION

Overall it's a nice gun, and well worth the $135. It's ergonomical and fierce.

It shoots good, looks good, what else could you ask for.

Overall I give it a 8.5/10

Performance 9/10
Looks 7/10
Quality 8.5/10
Weight 9/10

HOpe you like it and buy it.

Any suggestions or comments?
Back to top Go down
https://echo1og.forumotion.com
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 5:51 pm

Nice review Smile I've had pretty much the same experience with my m4. I'm in love with it. The only wobbly part (after tightening the hand guards, front site, and stock) is the butt. I put two pieces of tape on the buffer tube, and it's a bit more secure, but it's difficult to fully slide it forward. I'm planning on getting a crane stock, anyway.

As for the poor man's chrono, punctures both sides and the bottom. I've put about 1800 rounds through in a short time. Probably about two or three days, without a hiccup (knock on wood).

There's my small bit of information, seeing as how everything else I would say has already been said.
Back to top Go down
Wonder
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:27 am

You are not allowed to have the same review on ASR and somewhere else at the same time.

Cheesehead wrote:
2: ASR owns all reviews published here. If you write a review here you can't publish it anywhere else. We want unique and exclusive content for our readers.
Back to top Go down
General Connel
Admin
Admin
General Connel

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 am

It's not published though....
Back to top Go down
Wonder
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 7:24 am

Then I suggest you remove it from the PRE-publication Peer REview section as that suggests you want it to be published.
Back to top Go down
General Connel
Admin
Admin
General Connel

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 8:00 am

will do
Back to top Go down
skeeter944
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 11:51 am

good review! sounds like you got a version 1.

Last edited by on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:23 pm

dude its pretty easy, just take off plastic part, take off the little cap cover on the tube, and reach inside with your screwdriver and tighten it.
Back to top Go down
skeeter944
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 7:42 am

yeah, i figured it out. thanks!
Back to top Go down
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 5:00 pm

I love my M4. I'm glad you posted this review too as it was part of what convinced me to buy it after all. Great gun, looks even better with camo paint, can't wait to show you guys mine!
Back to top Go down
Night Fire
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-11-24

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Where are the pictures?...
Back to top Go down
M4 Savage
Private Second Class
M4 Savage

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 7:44 pm

Where did you get yours? Because I'm planning on buying one around October.. And the best price I've been able to find is $155.. But you said yours was $130?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Echo 1 M4A1 Review   My Echo 1 M4A1 Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Echo 1 M4A1 Review
Page 1 of 1