Echo 1 Owners Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mrobben
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Empty
PostSubject: Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)   Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 9:18 pm

Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Echo1
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Echo2

well for starters, it packed very nice.

thick cardboard box, and nice cutouts.

nice lables on the pack.

when opened, it has the gun, and a high cap mag, with an 8.4 1100mah ni-mh battery.

mag is metal, 300-320 high-cap - winder.

good feel,
typical TM 'clone' with a plastic body, and metal barrel.

-note these use CA (not classic army) gears and TM clone everything else, and for those of you who don't know, its a re-branded JG

the mag slides in nice and locks into place.

the Hop up is behind the 'ejection port', one small issue is you have to 'slam' the charging lever back to release it, nice, but slightly annoying.

the forward assist is functional, not sure if it releases the spring or not.

when chrono'd this gun shot a consistent 355 +- 2

not bad for a stock gun shooting 20's

specially for the $135 price tag.

I have done some initial testing inside, but no skirmish.

indoors, it groups nice and tight down a hallway - 25-30ft.

on my paper targets - grouped within a 1.5inch area on full auto and about an inch on semi

note - it went through both sides of the box, and started to chip away at the sheet rock behind.

a small complaint is the location of the fire selector - which is on the left side, and since i am a lefty , when on semi - my hand has a tendency to knock it over to full. - however, since i tend to shoot full auto w/ controlled 2-3 round bursts, this isn't an issue to me, but could be if I had to use semi.

thats all for now -

ps....it came from evike.com

________________________________________________________________________----update----

My 9.6v 2000mah nimh battery showed up yesterday, as i was sitting on I65n for 4 hours stuck in traffic because idiots dont know how to drive in a bit of snow..... but, its at home, and I am in Indy, so.... I will charge it and test it on Fri.... Means my Mag should show up today, or tomorrow.......

HEHEH - after DZ - my Battery was shot, DOA - and my mag showed up today (monday)
yippie
ps i am looking into a tightbore for my M4 and some other misc upgrades.

mr echo is getting a tightbore very soon - ordered it today Smile
After using it at mason's night game, i realized that the stock battery would be ideal for warm weather .

the cold seems to kill it way to quick, as it from what i hear, true with all AEG's

I am going to get myself a 9.6v 2000(+)mah nimh nunchuck style for my Echo to allow me to play all day at DZ>

Cam was using a similar battery - a 9.6 2200 in his ICS, he played day and night, and while some of the guns were about out of juice, his was shootin beautifully.

- but other than that - no jams, no misfires, and it is easy to 'tape' a flashlight to the end for night play. Smile

I mounted a red dot scope, instead of the hand rail, and customized a ris on the dust cover. Smile

i got creative with some superglue and a small ris section off my Double Eagle shotty. -

Amazingly enough,
the scope lines up nicely
I set the red dot (cross hairs) to match the front sites.

my wife wont let me fire inside tonite, but, I will fully align it later.

After fielding the Gun Today, I found out that the scope I bought, well got free with my shotgun, really wasn't designed well.

After taking one round to the front of the scope, the lens shattered and had to be removed.
on the upside, the red crosshairs are actually projected to the rear lens, and actually is clearer / and has less glare now.

so thanks adam Smile

btw - my creative mounting of the laser didnt hold up, and the superglued RIS fell off.

which was a blessing in disguise, as I had issues w/the handguards staying on, and in turn used the elastic piece that held the pressure switch, to keep my handguards on.

I guess all the bad things that say of M4's are true.

also - I experienced the issue where on semi auto, it would occasionally not fire, which i was told is due to the selector plate, and happens on many m4 style guns.

on full, its a beast, with great range.
and per cam, it stings when shot.

ok here is the latest update -
as of 3.22 - there is a madbull 6.03 tightbore installed, and I have 2 fully functional 9.6v 1400 mah nimh mini's and 3 hicaps. Smile

the 9.6 makes is a hella nice ROF, and none of the hicaps misfeed when using crossman .20's, but i will warn you NEVER USE CYBERGUN .20's which many of you probably already knew - (in other words, dont send your wife out to get ' the white ,20's at wallmart) hehe..

we shall see how the tightbore fares on sat... in addition to the 9.6 and extra hicaps. Smile

ok got the lower receiver on, got the upper on, noted a few things that need modded, the bolt catch needs a little knob removed, and the charging handle is a bit diff. but, it can be mounted , yo just have to go CA style and release the hop up cover manually. the mag catch fits perfect.
I am ordering a NEW tm / ca full metal hopup unit w/ feed tube for $25 from evike along with the madbull fishbone hop up buckling $12 from evike.

most likely going with a 510mm tightbore and a suppressor (barrel extention)
as well.

here are some pics of the transfer and progress.
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) 100_0896
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) 100_0897
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) 100_0898
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) 100_0899
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) 100_0900

ignore my large feet. thats the echo1 gearbox in the CA body, no barrel or hop up yet, and the motor is still on my desk, but thats the Echo1 dust cover, note - on the other side, the trigger pin will need to be dremmeld of, as it doesnt go all the way in,(i am gonna work on that later, and i still need to move the charging handle over if i really want to, although at this point, its gonna be useless. and i still need to file down the knob on the bolt (again a useless item, just cosmetic.) but there it is, an Echo1 in a CA body.
*special thanx to Mason for the Great deal on the body, RIS, the comming PEQ box, and the outer barrel.
also for the time invested at Asylum on sat, we missed the last few games while we were tearing apart our guns and putting new outer barrels on my Echo... er eChA1 (hehe)
i am not getting a longer inner barrel at this point...
okay... the charging handle and bolt release are on, also I ordered a carry handle scope mount, so i can raise my red dot, and eventually (per cam) replace.. but i like my existing, and really don't wanna spend tons of loot on something that will get shot out in its first game as mine and as ghosts did. seems like a waste of cash to me.

updated - parts on order.
2x guarder 50% buckling( 1 for a spare)
1x full metal hopup chamber ser for CA / TM m4 / m16
1x ergo foregrip
1x carry handle scope mount
1x JBU full metal suppressor / barrel ext.
1x echo1 peq battery box
1x pair full finger armor gloves by matrix

OK here we go again -
the only part that is still on order is my Echo1 PEQ (cuz well its from evike and i got that lovely yellow paper instead)
but here is the finished results -
*special thanks to Munky for assembling the G&P hop up unit for me, and re-seating the motor*
Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) 100_0907
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)   Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 2:40 pm

dang thats 1 nice gun u gunna do some snipin with it?
Back to top Go down
mrobben
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)   Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 3:34 pm

well, I do like to take some distance shots. but not so much snip'n
Back to top Go down
Nate
Corporal
Corporal
Nate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)   Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 4:45 pm

=( sniping's so fun though. anyways, i want to know how much all of this cost u (if it doesnt say already) i want to do something like this to mine.
Back to top Go down
mrobben
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)   Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 1:57 pm

well i got about 500 invested in upgrades, accesories, mags batteries and what not.
includes gun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)   Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo1 M4 review / upgrade (56k killer)
Page 1 of 1